Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Long Time of Busy

Well, it has been far too long since I have posted and instead of wishing to post, here I am posting.

Life is good and I feel so blessed. I have so many things to be thankful for: my caring and loving husband, my cute son, my husbands career in the air force, good health benefits, being able to stay at home with my little one, having enough for our needs, wonderful parents and sister, amazing in-laws who I love, a comfortable home, caring friends, a kind ward, a fun calling as a Primary teacher...the list could continue for forever!

Ike has grown so much! He is no longer a baby rolling around and scooting on his butt. He is now a full-fledged walker and is able to communicate with us! He gives us kisses and hugs, lets us know sometimes when he needs a changed diaper, will head to his room when I tell him it is time to sleep. Ike does not talk a lot, but he knows over 15 signs! Ball, cat, dog, fish, eat, cracker, milk, water, more, please, mom, sleep, diaper, all-done, shoe, foot, and some others that I cannot think of at the moment. He is just like a sponge and soaking up everything! One of his favorite places to go now is the aquarium. I leave the stroller in the car so he can walk around and as soon as we walk inside he is saying "ish!" and signing fish over and over again. He loves play group in our ward because he gets to see other kids and adults and he is learning how to play with sand and different things on the playgrounds we go to. I love my little sweetheart.

I know that this post is scattered, but I want to get back into the habit of posting on here again. I want to share the joys and frustrations of raising a cute little boy with others I care about. :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! And I have internets so I can now read your postings!

Jannie, Mom, Grams said...

Testing comments. I had another VERY Ingenious one but was not able to post it. Trying once again.